Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who's the Victim Here?

When I read this story, I thought I was reading some sort of fiction. It sounds like a quote from "Animal Farm." I can hear the argument, "Even though this is your private land, my civil rights trump your right to property." Yeah, NOT!!

I can't even believe this made it to court. I mean, why aren't they just deporting these people back to their country? Their illegal aliens for Heaven's sake. And Mr Barnett's lawyer has a valid point, "illegal immigrants [do] not have the same rights as U.S. citizens." If you're for the rule of law, then you should be complaining right now.

How is a man supposed to even own land if he's not allowed to keep people off of it? If we cannot keep people off our land, that makes it public land. This is a dangerous case of the rights of the victim being put after the rights of the attackers.

But of course it's happening in civil court, where the law is a bit different than criminal court. If this was criminal court, the actual criminals (read trespassers and illegal aliens) would be the ones on trial. Weird times.

Read the whole article.

Hat Tip Hot Air for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove any and all comments I deem offensive. No ad hominem attacks. Only factually based arguments are allowed.