Thursday, February 5, 2009

This is What I've Been Saying!

This video with South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford is what I've been saying all along. His point, private capital is the driver of the economy, is totally correct. Government is not a driver of the economy.

In addition, I appreciate his comments about the debt. As I mentioned in a previous post, our current Congress has no sense of fiscal responsibility or what it will take to pay for their spending. I'd rather my toddler daughter not pay for the economic slump of 2009 when she's old enough to pay taxes.

I love his advice on how to deal with this, "Take a deep breath," and "Tell the truth." As he mentions, there is no painless way out of where we are.

Of course he backs up what I've always said, Cut payroll taxes. This means people who are working will get to keep and spend more of their money.

There are too many good points to cover all of them (including the point where he talks about how this is not a stimulus package, but a spending bill). Watch the whole video.

Hat Tip Hot Air

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove any and all comments I deem offensive. No ad hominem attacks. Only factually based arguments are allowed.