Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stand By Your Guns

I'm glad to see the Republicans in the House standing firm and not giving ANY support to the "stimulus package" that was grunted out of the House. This package is more like a flaming pile of poo flung on the American tax payers front door than a real attempt to help fix things now.

Economists agree that for the stimulus to work, it needs to take effect immediately and start pushing things through sooner rather than later. However, reading the text shows that only 20% of the stimulus would be spent this year! What? So why load up the bill with a bunch of crap?

Now we just need to see whether the Republicans in the Senate will fold. I'm thinking no, although I don't see a filibuster on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to remove any and all comments I deem offensive. No ad hominem attacks. Only factually based arguments are allowed.